Marilena Iovu literary agency, established in 2014 by taking over the portfolio of Sabina Boerescu’s literary agency, sets itself the aim to be a bridge between foreign publishing houses or agencies and the Romanian publishers. We analyse the foreign titles from the point of view of their potential for the Romanian book market and we offer the most suited ones. Another goal is to help authors with publishing their works here and abroad.
- sending out newsletters and presentations of the titles recently published
- translation samples and book translations
- negotiation and closing contracts with the rights holders
- representation of the Romanian authors
Fields of interest:
- literary and commercial fiction, thriller and crime novel, historical fiction
- books for children and young adults
- non fiction (economy, politics, biographies, reference, practical books, school and education, religion, psychology, health, medicine, child care)
This website contains updated information on the publishers and titles represented, mostly from the German speaking countries.
We are eager to provide more information and we hope to have a fruitful cooperation!